Friday, May 1, 2015

This week I am reading “The Bourne Identity”, a spy fiction thriller by Robert Ludlum. I came across that book in the library and when I started reading the book description on its cover I immediately become absorbed in it.


The novel keeps you in suspense from the very beginning. It begins with a mysterious discovery made by a fisherman who, by accident, finds in the sea a wounded man. The man has on his body many traces of bullets and others serious injuries. When he wakes up it turns out that he suffers from amnesia: he cannot remember who he is, not even what his name is. He can remember some memories from the past, but he’s not able to understand them. The only clue is the number of a bank account in Zurich which was kept in the small movie embedded in the man’s hip. He starts a trip to Switzerland in order to find out who he is. During that journey he learns a lot about himself. He is a man of remarkable abilities, especially he seems to know all about weapons, fights, politics and international assassins. One by one he tries to get together the mixed and blurred parts of his past. 

Honestly, I do not remember how much time I spent reading that book, but when I started it I read it whole to the end almost without a break. The action is well-thought and psychologically credible. The action is fast moving: the gun fires, daring escapes, kidnaps, professional murderers, undercover agents… All that makes this book a great story. It is really hard to put it away once you start reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment